Go Back   FreebiesRGreat - The Newest Freebies, Deals, Coupons, Sweepstakes and More! > Contests, Sweepstakes & Giveaways > Contest Questions

Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2009, 08:46 AM #1
Sweeps Nut

Default Searching thru emails

Sponsored Links
I'm sure everyone here gets 100's if not 1000's of emails a day. (Nature of the beast)
What do you look for before deleting.
Congratulations for example.
Are there other key words you look for before deleting.
I hate to think I deleted a winning email becasue i saw 10% off and just deleted it.
Any feed back would be appreciated.

dstam015 is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM #2
Rockin kitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstam015 View Post
Does that work on Hotmail? Or just scan the title for those words? No Not penis etc
Sorry, I guess Hotmail is a little behind. I took a quick look but I didn't see message content filtering. It will only let you choose a filter for a subject or sender... and subject lines can be missleading.
Kotik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 AM #3
Miss you, mouse

You get hundreds of emails a DAY???? Weird! I have been sweeping for 2 years now using a "non" sweeping email address (so, it's the email addy that my family and friends would use to email me), and I barely get any email each day. A few newsletters from Betty Crocker, etc. and that's about it.

If you take the time to unsubscribe from all the "crap", your count will go WAY down to a point where you won't need to filter based on keywords. This happened ONCE to me where I stupidly started one of those "Congratulations, you have won a Chili's gift card...put your email address in to start..." Well, I took the time to unsubscribe from each and every one and within a week or two, no more spam. (well, other than the occasional penis enlargement email which doesn't have an unsubscribe option )
Guillotine is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:19 PM #4
Mod Squad'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine View Post
You get hundreds of emails a DAY???? Weird! I have been sweeping for 2 years now using a "non" sweeping email address (so, it's the email addy that my family and friends would use to email me), and I barely get any email each day. A few newsletters from Betty Crocker, etc. and that's about it.

If you take the time to unsubscribe from all the "crap", your count will go WAY down to a point where you won't need to filter based on keywords. This happened ONCE to me where I stupidly started one of those "Congratulations, you have won a Chili's gift card...put your email address in to start..." Well, I took the time to unsubscribe from each and every one and within a week or two, no more spam. (well, other than the occasional penis enlargement email which doesn't have an unsubscribe option )
yeah like my penis enlargement email the other day
tat2gurl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM #5
Freebies Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine View Post

Same here.. that's exactly what I do too. I don't understand my family gets 100 e-mails or so every other day and I'm thinking I enter sweepstakes and all kinds of crap and have less than you, what's your issue! lol
KennyS2006 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 AM #6
Freebies Minion

Good one Dstam015
Some of the amount of email depends on your E address. When hotmail first came out I got SSH@hotmail.com , I was bombed with junk within 2 weeks. Dropping that I applied for 222glider@hotmail.com , and the junk went from 100 a day to 20. I’m going back about at least 15 years or when ever hotmail started. Before Gmail I would keep an email for a year at the most because it would get so bogged down with junk.
Unfiltered, unashamed I get over 300 E’s a day on Gmail I see about 150 E’s a day and I’m ok with that.
Thanks Kotik, I never thought about marking the positives with a star. One more time, “you are the man”.
Gapedo is offline Reply With Quote